Monday, 23 February 2009

Lego with Love...

Yesterday I went to visit the Kamadine Daycare centre, taking along 2 big boxes of wonderful Lego, kindly donated and posted from the UK by blogger FireByrd.
I've written about these children before, in earlier posts and blogger Kristin from Washington DC, has been to visit, too.
Here's Kristin's write up, where she has put in lots of facts about the place!

When I walked in with the boxes, teacher Emeldah was stunned, as she said that she has been wondering where/how she was going to ever get some more much needed Lego pieces for the kids! So thanks FireByrd, your thoughtful gift was gratefully received, and I believe that a thank you card is being made for you... :-)

13 comments:

  1. Thank you Karen for reporting on this for us! And THANK YOU Fire Byrd for sending the legos, what a wonderful thing to do, it was such a great thought and so generous! I'm so happy for the children...ahhh!
    xxx lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you fire byrd!! what a great thought and gesture. I love the pic of the children sitting there so beautifully, waiting for the new lego to be unpacked.
    Thanks karen for this update - lovely heart warming stuff for a blustery day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I have an award for you on my blog (in my comments, but you`ll find it)for CONNECTING PEOPLE, and not only you deserve it but also Fire Byrd! How lovely a gift, and how sweet of you to post this and take a picture, Karen! Oh, the kiddies sitting there so tiny and full of expectation, and how happy they will be to play with their new gifts. Thanks so much for this! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen,
    This is a reality test for most of us. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Thanks Fire Byrd - you are an angel! And so are you, dear Val - thank you for sharing that delightful photo with us. Oooh, I could hug each one of those littlies...and teacher Emeldah, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I MEAN dear KAREN! Sorry, so sorry - I'd just come over from reading Val's interview and she was obviously still lingering in my mind! Humblest apologies, Karen. ---->goes away blushing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, lori, val, angela, lakeviewer and tessa,
    It was simply my great pleasure.
    I enjoyed thinking what I could do. I enjoyed the challenge of locating the lego. I enjoyed wrapping the parcels, I enjoyed sending and waiting to see if they arrived.
    But most of all I love that those little children will enjoy something that gave my children pleasure when they were small. And that they can use their imaginations to make whatever they dream of.
    So to have helped anyone find a dream in this life is good enough for me.
    So what's next?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great and lovely posting! Do the children or does the school have a "Wish List?"

    If so, perhaps you could let us all know and more people could contribute?

    Thanks! The kids look wonderful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to figure out a way to do more. It's such a special place, filled with such special people - little and big. I'm glad I got to experience it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi all
    the kids were sitting there very quietly and well behaved, sorting out their work to be filed in boxes by the teacher. they were very curious about their lego, and obviously wanted to jump up and be in my pic, but i was impressed by their obedience and quietness as they just sat in their places!

    Apart from always needing good educational toys etc, or materials, as far as I know, the school really struggles with daily expenses too, such as gas for cooking and then providing enough food is always a worry.. so Barbara's RAK money delivered by Kristin was also a much needed boost!

    Sharon told me clothes are always welcome, hence Lori's little hats will be so appreciated, as well..

    I'm happy to play a tiny role in our tapestry, and spread a little joy... thanks all of you special people xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Make a list of what else is most needed. I'm sure we will all keep giving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love stories like this. Love it that some people are generous enough, thoughtful enough, and have the resources to make things like this happen.

    Bless Fire Byrd. And you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a lovely story! Go Karen and FireByrd! :-)

    ReplyDelete