Thursday, 30 October 2008

Middle of Nowhere

Alas, I seem to have run out of writing time, dealing with month-end at work, while enjoying a most welcome and enjoyable visit from my dad, and also preparing to go away for a week... so I decided to just post a couple of photos from last weekend.

Just looking at this bush track and its surroundings makes me long to evacuate my desk in this crazy/busy town centre, and just hit the road...
NB If anybody feels like looking on Google Earth: this is vaguely in the area of Satau, Botswana, in the Chobe Enclave. It is a beautiful unspoilt area and we went there during the weekend to visit our friends Phil and Gabi at their bush camp. Out there the lifestyle is so simple, and reminded us of how we too once lived in a small caravan, and happily made do with very little...

These Baobabs are probably a well known and much photographed sight for any Botswana off- road traveller, being at the entrance to Kavimba village. I just love them...

2 comments:

  1. karen, thank you for the photos, makes me want to go too. and thanks for reminding me about google earth, i love that invention! sounds like you had a nice time with your Dad~ have a wonderful week ahead!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, what beautiful pictures. I feel like walking there on that road... towards the baobabs...it`s been more than thirty years that I was there but I`m still hooked on Africa. Has it not rained yet? Want me to do a rain dance?

    ReplyDelete